Monday, October 26, 2009

Reading II - 31st Sunday of Ordinary Time


1 Jn 3:1-3 *** Beloved: See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope based on him makes himself pure, as he is pure.


You are the child of God. Do you know Him who is your Heavenly Father? Do you have hope in obtaining holiness? Can you imagine facing Him in all of His Glory?

1 comment:

  1. I often feel God's gentle call to take time to be still and spend time with Him. This is how we get to know our Father. We must make it a priority to get to know Him. Like any relationship, you build on it by spending time together. Often times time is the very thing we withhold from God. I feel Him calling me but I will tell Him I will make time later. This may go on throughout the day until I realize the day is gone, I am tired and have missed giving God the best of my attention. I think our prayer life should be looked upon like tithing. Just as we are to give God our first fruits of our wages so too should we give God the first fruits of our day by setting aside even a few minutes maybe after our first coffee so we are fully awake to spend time with Him. By doing this we come to realize who we are in Him, we grow in holiness and we can come to imagine His glory.
    **Lenora**

    ReplyDelete