Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gospel Reading -30th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B, Oct 25, 2009


As Jesus was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd,Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus,sat by the roadside begging.On hearing that it was Jesus of Nazareth,he began to cry out and say,"Jesus, son of David, have pity on me."And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he kept calling out all the more,"Son of David, have pity on me."Jesus stopped and said, "Call him."So they called the blind man, saying to him,"Take courage; get up, Jesus is calling you."He threw aside his cloak, sprang up, and came to Jesus. Jesus said to him in reply, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man replied to him, "Master, I want to see." Jesus told him, "Go your way; your faith has saved you." Immediately he received his sightand followed him on the way.~~Mark 10: 46-52~~
**Although Bartimaeus was phyically blind he was not blind spiritually. He saw Jesus clearly with his perfect spiritual vision as the Messiah. **
So many today have spiritual blindness. Meditate this week on this scripture. Spend time with Jesus asking Him where you are spiritually handicapped. Ask Him to heal you, he wants you to have perfect spiritual health.

6 comments:

  1. look at his trust and courage he couldn't see but he heard the call - a beggar the only thing he owned was his cloak and he threw it aside to answer Jesus call. Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a time in my life that I wanted to read the bibe but I found it frustrating because I did not understand what I was reading. I prayed to God to help me understand and He did. It was such a joy to read and undersand it.
    The viel was lifted and my faith was strengthened. My favorite scriptures were Deuteronomy 6:5, 7:12-15, 11:26.
    peace,
    Lenora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus dosn't call us just once to conversion. He is constantly drawing us even closer to him. How many " cloaks" due we hesitate to throw away that might be hindering our spiritual journey? " cloaks " can be many forms. Sometimes out of fear we cling things we shouldn't. We must remember to "take courage, get up. Jesus is calling you. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Saturday evening did not end on a great note. Long day, and I did not get a chance to check the mail till late in the night. In the mail, were my daughter Alisons midterm reports. I opened them to not great news, again. Our conversation was not the greatest one we ever had, but ended on a very serious note "shape up or ship out." At Mass this morning I heard the reading stating the Lord will bring us back, and restore us. Then the gospel was read, and I heard "listen close". On the way home in the car I just let it all go, and I said "shes yours she has to be what You want, Your will, not my Will." Accept what she is going through, and wait and pray, just be there. Thats what was deep deep in my soul. I came home and I called my daughter again and told her I loved her, told her that I cannot keep her in a bubble, that her choices were going to be up to her, not me. I set boundaries yet again, and we ended our conversation on a hopeful and understanding note. Alison struggles with school, always has, as did I. The feelings I go through, guilt, fear, helplessness are overbearing some days. I have to keep giving it up, and I had to lean to say "Restore my sight!" and not let Him walk by me, and keep on asking till He turned. On face book durring the day i see posts where she is telling everyone how she is studying. Then tonight a very excited Alison calls, MOM! I got picked for round 2 of the R.A. selections! Even though my grades are down they are letting me still try, and offering me more help! Let me tell you I was overjoyed! To let her go, and let her struggle is my sight being restored...having faith...letting go getting up! and really just going through it all. Thank YOU Lord!!! Thank you for my faith and sight...These things also make me think how the Lord and Our Mother must feel watching us struggle. Helps me remember that I can lean on abba.......and let it all go to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Charlie brown entry, That, I think is what the Lord wants so much for us to do....step back, rely on faith...Let Go Let God. What a wonderful example of living the faith.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete