Monday, October 19, 2009

Reading 1 - 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time


Jer 31:7-9

Thus says the LORD: Shout with joy for Jacob,exult at the head of the nations; proclaim your praise and say: The LORD has delivered his people,the remnant of Israel.Behold, I will bring them back from the land of the north; I will gather them from the ends of the world,with the blind and the lame in their midst,the mothers and those with child;they shall return as an immense throng.They departed in tears,but I will console them and guide them; I will lead them to brooks of water,on a level road, so that none shall stumble.For I am a father to Israel,Ephraim is my first-born.

**Jeremiah reveals to us the promise of God to restore all families of Israel not just to the promise to a tribe of Judah. For those who trust in God we are told that God and Jesus will lead us home from exile.**

Consider what God says he had done for his people. What has the Lord done for you that calls you to "Shout with Joy"?

3 comments:

  1. God has lead me out of the darkness of unknowing to the light of knowing that He will always be there for me. He has healed me and loved me in ways that no other has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say basically the same thing. The joy of God opening my heart to his love and experiencing the complete love he gives me. When my soul can rest in Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I hear this I remember to have faith, esp. when your families are down and out. It is said it takes one believer in the family to help restore and save the household...and this is something I hold on tightly to....

    ReplyDelete