Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Third Day Mini-retreat

USCCB - NAB - Luke 19:
1
1 He came to Jericho and intended to pass through the town.
2
Now a man there named Zacchaeus, who was a chief tax collector and also a wealthy man,
3
was seeking to see who Jesus was; but he could not see him because of the crowd, for he was short in stature.
4
So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus, who was about to pass that way.
5
When he reached the place, Jesus looked up and said to him, 'Zacchaeus, come down quickly, for today I must stay at your house.'
6
And he came down quickly and received him with joy.
7
When they all saw this, they began to grumble, saying, 'He has gone to stay at the house of a sinner.'
8
But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, 'Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor, and if I have extorted anything from anyone I shall repay it four times over.'
9
2 And Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house because this man too is a descendant of Abraham.
10
3 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save what was lost.'"

I pray this mini-retreat inspires you with God's peace for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I was contemplating Zacchaeus and his change of heart over his wealth at sight of Jesus. He contrasts the wealthy man who would not give up his belongings to follow Jesus. I began to ask God what it is that I have not given to Him whom I love and want to follow completely. What came to my thought was the word, "time". Time is one thing I never feel like there is enough of. Thinking that way is sinful to me in a sense because God created time perfectly. It really is I who abuse it by not being a good stewart of my time. How would it be if I dedicated the time in eachf day to God and asked Him to set my agenda? I imagine it would, time that is, be suddenly and wonderfully sufficient. Knowing that, I would be a fool to not at this moment give the remainder of my day to God. I will ask Him what pleases Him in how I should spend my time this day. This gives me much peace.
    Lenora

    ReplyDelete